Monday, July 18, 2005

Ughsters.

This entry shall hereby be referred to as ughsters because, well, that's how I feel right now. UGH. Big huge UGH.

Without getting into too much detail, some things in life just plain suck. Here you are - happy little so-and-so going about your life, doing the right thing, minding your own business and BAM! Life fucking slams you in the ass. Like, "Hey there, buddy! Don't get so comfy!" Your fiance (not mine...not that I have one...not that I want one necessarily...I am perfectly content with my unengaged self right now, even though all of my friends are getting married - it's going around like the fucking plague...ANYWAY!!!) walks out on you or our boss fires you (after rehiring you...not me either) and you're left feeling like all was for naught. Like, what the fuck? Why work so hard and get shit on in the end???

I don't know...I can't help but feel like that's not the case. Perhaps it's the optimist in me (yes, optimist...I am one...even though my friends try to tell me I'm not...I still, optimistically, believe in my optimism and, in an act of optimistic defiance, feel obligated to go forth through life from hereon out spreading this optimism which I feel whole-heartedly) but I believe that everything happens for a reason. I know, it sounds like a lame way to explain away all of life's fuck-ups, but if for no other reason than having a shitty way to explain away such fuck-ups, I like it. And, I do believe it to be true. In the end, the finance will pay (hopefully with a shit load of STDs and a 25 to life term) and the boss will get what he deserves (for lack of a better punishment - a shitload of STDs...).

Karma comes around. However, sometimes karma takes its time. And I may be an optimist, but I am certainly NOT patient. So, I am resorting to an old Italian curse. Here's how it's done: You write someone's name on a piece of paper and put it in your freezer. It guarantees something bad will happen to them (see the STD wishes above). Yeah, so there! Don't fuck with Italian folklore!

Anyway, I have to run...there's this walk-in freezer I want to look at and I have to get Staples before they close...I need some poster board...............for the freezer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home